Jun 12, 2011

Road Trippin' to Grandpa's

The girls & I have been taking a few 'road trips' lately since Matt's been working in WY.
The last few times we find ourselves in Mountain Home visiting grandpa.
I'm so glad the girls & I get to spend time with him.
On the 1st trip he was getting ready to leave to go up to the mountain to get some water crest, he asked if we wanted to go so I drove and we went up to Moon Lake, it was such a nice drive and the girls & I really enjoyed our time with him & we even got to try water crest!
Grandpa also was showing me his book about Nathan Tanner and our ancestors to John Tanner.
He said he didn't think the book was available anymore but my computer savy KaDee got my phone and found a copy on Amazon!! (I think its a pretty neat book it even has my parents listed & my 2 older sister's, the rest of us wasn't born yet)  =o]
On our 2nd trip out we wanted to surprise him and we bought him the church video "Treasure in Heaven" The John Tanner Story.... We didn't even know there was a video out, I remember grandpa telling me that we'll never go hungry because of the promise that Joseph Smith gave our great (my 5th) grandpa John Tanner.
I went to the distribution Center & inquired about it  that's when I found out there was a video so I bought a few (ok quiet a few for my parents, sibling & grandpa) LOL!!
The girls & I thought it would be neat to watch it with grandpa, he said he's never seen it before, what a neat experience for all of us.
I also took out my Nathan Tanner book, boy was grandpa surprised that I had found a copy!!
I got to copy all his important "footnotes" that he had penciled in.
The girls keep asking when are we going to visit grandpa again, they love to spend time with him and hear all his stories.


2 comments:

  1. He's not making a funny face... love gpa!!! Glad you guys went to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have came and saw me... j/k I know its a long ride home. =) I never know about the book or the movie, I will have to tell Thad about it. He would love to read it and watch the movie. =) Next time you come out, take grandpa fishing.. He would love that.
    -Kristel

    ReplyDelete