While we were waiting for her to get back from Riverdale, the girls & I took a side trip through Trapper's loop to see the Fall foliage, it's always so beautiful up there.
It was also her birthday the day we left, so we surprised her and made a pumpkin cake-roll to take with us.
I showed Sage the cake & candles before we left & he was SO excited he kept the secret all the way there!
I had him put the candles on her cake, he was so excited to do this all by himself (he even help light them).
We sang Happy birthday to both grandpa (his was on the 11th, he turned 93) & to Cindy then they both blew the candles out.
Grandpa made some of his yummy bread that morning, we were excited to have a slice (or two) ;o)
He had me go downstairs with him to the dungeon (I mean cellar) to get some jelly.
I was never allowed down there when I was younger so it was my first time to go, it was REALLY creepy (mainly because I was always afraid of the monster's that lived down there).
When we got to the bottom stair there was a salamander right below the bottom stair (hence the monster's!!). Grandpa saw my fear and said "step over it Karen it's not a crocodile it's NOT going to eat you"! So being brave I stepped over it.
I took a picture with my phone to show Sage thinking he might think its pretty cool, when I showed him he made Grandpa go back downstairs to capture the creepy little thing to take home as a pet!! (Grandpa told him he had to pick it up though because he wasn't going to...Sage chickened out at the last minute and made Stephanie pick him up) then we got to hear Sage threaten to put the creepy slimy thing on us on the ride back home... he kept saying how he thought it would be HILARIOUS (in his word's).
BOYS!! I'm not used to there sick humor!!
We had a great time on our little mini trip, made some fun memories to take home with us.
| My beautiful girls |
| My cute girls & I |
| Beautiful Fall foliage |
| Sage putting mommy's birthday candles on |
| Cindy & Grandpa making BIG wishes! |
| Grandpa's famous bread |
| Slicing his bread (he has his system down) |
| I love how Grandpa stick's out is tongue as if he's concentrating(I think that's something he's passed on to a few of us..LOL) =o] |
| Sages slimy creepy new pet we found in Grandpa's basement |
| Yes this HAD to ride home with us!! YUCK!! |


Cute... love great gpa!
ReplyDelete