A few year's ago when I served in Young Women's our President Helen Stevenson shared a recipe that she made us for our "meeting", since then it's been our families favorite!
It's known by our family as "Helen's French Toast"
Although I only reserve it for special occasion's like Valentines, April General Conference & Easter
(the calorie's are not the best) haha
We look forward to it every year.
This weekend although NOT a holiday I wanted to do something special for my hubby since he was so thoughtful. A payback of sort. =o)
I'll share the recipe so you can do the same for your sweetheart!!
Helen's French Toast
1 loaf french bread (sliced to about 1")
1 container (softened) Cream Cheese- spread on bread like thick butter, then put 2 halves together like a sandwich)
combine:
4 Eggs
1C. Milk
1/4 C Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
Whip together
Place French Toast (sandwiches, flat down) in a well greased 9x13 cake pan.
Pour mixture on top, let sit 5 minutes, then turn French Toast over. Cover w/ plastic and refrigerate over night.
Preheat over to 350*
Take off plastic wrap, drizzle with 2 Tablespoons melted butter and bake for 25-30 minutes.
(I usually double the recipe)
Vanilla Syrup
1 C Butter
1/2 C Buttermilk
1 C Sugar
Bring to boil and add 1 teaspoon Baking Soda and 1 teaspoon Vanilla
Serve with fresh berries (I usually just use Strawberries but my Hunny LOVES blackberries so I added Blackberries & Blueberries (which are my favorite).
Ciao
12 years ago


Can I please come to your house for breakfast?? I have no desire to cook at the moment.. but it looks so delicious I can't help but want it. :) Thanks for the recipe.. maybe I can get Jarom to try it for me.. or I'll use it sometime after I stop feeling this way. But man, it sure looks good!
ReplyDeleteIt was yummy!! =o]
ReplyDeleteSorry your still feeling sicky, I think the baby would love Helen's French Toast, maybe by Easter right?!!