Our Stake Pres. (Pres. Love) told us a few weeks ago that this last Sunday was going to be a media fast.
He wanted every family in the Layton Hills Stake to go without ipods, computer, cellphones, TV ect. for a whole Sunday and to have Sunday be a time for family to take inventory have father/child interviews, family home evening and such.
So our family took his challenge and we obeyed. We did have a great experience from this challenge and also loved spending time together as a family.
We did have a few challenges though, Saturday night Matt & the girls went to the bank to withdraw our tithing (KaDee's special weekend moment w/her dad because he lets her drive). When they got to America First the ATM was down so they went to another and another ALL the America First ATM's was not working!!
Then they went to get gas and the gas station wouldn't accept our card (America First).
I told Matt the world was coming to an end! (I always heard to have $ in your emergency kits for emergencies).
Sunday I was getting ready for church and the lights flickered, then went off, I looked at Matt (joked that we need to call an electrician, & that the world WAS ending) when he checked the panel and things looked fine on our side, he asked the neighbor across the street about his & his was fine so he called the power company and within an hour someone was @ our door.
The guy checked it then made a phone call and 4 BIG BOOM trucks arrived and started digging in our next door neighbors yard!! (they were out of town) come to find out when our neighbor was having his sprinkler system worked on a few weeks ago the guy cut a wire, I guess our 2 houses are connected so when water filled up it made half my power go out. So our 'Media Sunday' had help!! lol
We also took this time to have a special family home evening about being prepared. We went over our 72hr. kits and took inventory with the things we have (and don't).
Made me think 'Are we ever really prepared?? 'Worldly and Spiritually? There is ALWAYS room for improvement.
When I went to my Primary meeting on Monday, we were talking about our 'Media Sunday' and I was told our Stake is going to make every 'Fast Sunday' a 'Media Sunday' and then eventually every Sunday.
Thanks Pres. Love for letting us and reminding us how a Sunday can be w/o all the craziness!!
Ciao
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment