This last week I drove to price (by myself) to meet Matt for the weekend.
He's been working down there since there isn't any work around here.
The girls & I are SO sad that he has to work away from home, it's just not the same when someone is missing from our family circle. :0(
Anyways....So I drove by myself and I did so good!! (I didn't get lost -Matt gave me awesome directions).
My old boss used to tease me because I don't drive past Bountiful!! lol
He always told me that I needed to broaden my horizons!! (he'd by SO proud of me)
When we met up, we went to Coldstone for ice cream then he told me about another job in Wyoming that he just got a call from & will start on Monday.
The company name is Elkhorn Construction. I hope he'll be a lot happier.
This meant that he got to come home for the weekend, but we decided to make the most of our alone time.
We asked the lady at Coldstone where around there would be a pretty drive to see the beautiful leaves, she said the drive through Indian Canyon is just so pretty this time of year.
So off we go, I had to follow Matt (the downside of meeting up) I would just like to say that Indian canyon was not a very pretty drive at all, if you like the desert, dirt, and dust then that's the drive for you.
We noticed a sign that said Duchesne ahead and decided we'd go visit Grandpa Lindsay and surprise him with a visit.
We loved our visit, he was so excited to see us, we got the biggest hugs!!
He told us it was his & grandma's 72nd wedding anniversary!! Wow that's a long time, they sure were great examples of true love, he sure does miss her (I do too).
I was excited to see a lot of my cousins there and my Aunt Addie, who knew we'd get to see each other?
I loved it!! It was such a fun visit, I'm so glad we went.
Later that evening Matt and I left for Park City where we stayed at The Yarrow, we had a wonderful time.
Thanks to Heidi and Silvio for suggesting where to eat!! What a great weekend!!
On our way home we took a detour through Trappers Loop, the tree's are always so pretty this time of year!
Here are some pictures of our weekend.
Our first photo to remember our weekend
When we reached the summit, driving through Indian Canyon
Visiting Grandpa Lindsay (I was so excited to see so many cousins & Aunt Addie)
On our drive through Trappers Loop
Matt was picking leaves to send to my mother in her missionary package (she loves fall leaves).
I sure love my Hubby, its so lonely when he works away from home :0(
Trappers Loop
Driving towards Snow basin (I love this picture)
another one of my favorites!!
The tree's are so pretty this time of year!!
Me & my hunny
Ciao
12 years ago













Good job karen! LOL you and my mom... i am glad you expanded your horizon. :) Nice pictures! I love the mountains this time of year! The colors are amazing~
ReplyDelete